Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Mo*Con

Yes, I know it's Wednesday--three days since I returned from Mo*Con--and I've yet to blog about it. I did have some other things to take care of, and I promised someone a long letter, so I hope you forgive my lateness.

Most people have given up trying to blog about the extravaganza that is Mo*Con. Lots of promised blogs that are yet to come to fruition. Even Maurice hasn't posted yet. They closest thing to a blog has been Nick Mamatas proving that he can deadlift anyone, including yours truly. So, this is gonna be short and sweet.

Mother Grove played on Friday night, and they rocked the church. The panels on Saturday were very interesting, and took full advantage of my cellphone's ability to order books instantly from Amazon.com, as the reading suggestions came fast and furious. It was great to see friends again and make new ones.

There is one item I mentioned before I left: that I was going back to Indiana to find something I left behind. I really believe this deserves a blog of its own, and I have to admit I'm not sure what I'm going to say yet. I suppose I'm still thinking about the experience. What I will say is that twenty-two years ago, I attended a Baptist seminary in Crown Point, Indiana. When I left, I left a part of me behind.

More on that later…

No comments: