Thursday, June 19, 2008

An Explanation, and the Secret of Writing

Several weary Mo*Con attendees (Mo*Coners? Mo*Conites?) have come out of hibernation to blog about their Mo*Con experiences. Jason Sizemore of Apex Publishing has posted his blog, and on a numbered list appears this item:

5) Brian J. Hatcher tried to get me naked. At least by proxy.

Perhaps I should explain. One of Jason's authors happens to be Brandy Schwan, whose website I maintain. Brandy called with a request, one that I attempted to fulfill. Nothing more needs to be said about this, except that perhaps I should sit Brandy down and explain what services a webmaster does and does not provide.

Speaking of blogs, Fran Friel's blog mentioned that an excerpt from Thomas F. Monteleone's book "The Complete Idiot's Guide® to Writing a Novel" has been reprinted on Cemetery Dance's website. Anyone who knows me know how much I value Tom's advice, and what he has to say here is crucial for any writer. While you're at it, you should pick up the "The Complete Idiot's Guide® to Writing a Novel ". Good instruction from cover to cover.

No comments: