Monday, June 9, 2008

Back To Writing

I survived my week on the pager, and still managed to show up to my friend Tara's birthday party on Saturday. Always an interesting time at Kevin and Tara's. It's been a while since the last time I went to bed as the sun rose. Nice to know I still have it in me to do that. Nice to know I still have it in me to do a lot of things.

Oh, wicked Dionysus, tempting Maenads enclose;
Ah, blest Bacchanalia, stealing righteous repose.

I received in the mail today the contracts for my story that's appearing in Legends of the Mountain State 2. I sign them, send them back, then do my best to patiently wait for October. I'm very excited for this volume to go to print, and I can't wait for all of you to see it. Everyone's been really positive about the first one, and the second one will be that good and better.

It seems the heavy rains and flooding in Indianapolis will do nothing to stop this year's Mo*Con. Everything is on schedule, and I leave here first thing Friday morning. This is my first Mo*Con, and I'm not going to miss it, come Hell or high water. They already have the high water, and I'm bringing the… well, you know.


No comments: